Talking therapies encompass a wide range of therapies which focus on working through client’s emotions, thoughts and behaviour, traumas whilst providing a safe and non judgemental space to help clients’ work through those difficulties and limitations to move forward.
Our range of talking therapies includes counselling, psychotherapy, compassionate inquiry® and more.
What is Compassionate Inquiry®?
Compassionate Inquiry® is a somatic-based psychotherapeutic approach that gently uncovers and releases layers of childhood trauma, constriction and suppressed emotion embedded in the body, that are at the root of physical and mental illness and addiction.
The approach was developed out of Dr Gabor Maté’s life’s work, brought together, structured and organised by Sat Dharam Kaur. Gabor is an internationally acclaimed expert on childhood trauma and addiction.
Before the session:
Before you begin your journey in Compassionate Inquiry®, our therapist offers a free initial 20 minute discovery call. During this call you will have a chance to connect and see if you are a good fit for one another. It is imperative that you feel comfortable and at ease during your healing journey.
How does a Compassionate Inquiry® session work?
The following principles are maintained during a Compassionate Inquiry session. These are:
- The client is encouraged to bring a specific intention to each session.
- The client determines how much to engage in the session and may request to stop at any time.
- The therapist may interrupt the client during the session to bring the client into awareness of the present moment and to body sensations and emotions.
- The therapist follows the subtle cues of the client.
During the session we unveil the level of consciousness, mental climate, hidden assumptions, implicit memories and body states that form the real message that words both express and conceal. Through Compassionate Inquiry, the client can recognize the unconscious dynamics that run their lives and how to liberate themselves from them.
How can Compassionate Inquiry® help me?
“The purpose of the Compassionate Inquiry is to drill down to the core stories people tell themselves – to get them to see what story they are telling themselves unconsciously; what those beliefs are, where they came from; and guide them to the possibility of letting go of those stories, or letting go of the hold those stories have on them …”~ Dr. Gabor Maté
Compassionate Inquiry® can help with:
- anxiety & stress
- panic attacks
- fears & phobias
- confidence & self-esteem
Holistic Counselling is a form of counselling that combines traditional talking therapy, as well as implementing other healing modalities.
What is Holistic Counselling?
Holistic Counselling is a form of counselling that combines traditional Talking Therapy, as well as implementing other healing modalities. The focus is to look at the holistic nature or all aspects of what is being presented by the client. The Holistic Counsellor will explore the presenting situation or issue that the client is looking to address. They will explore the conscious thoughts, sub-conscious thoughts, emotions and any physical feelings that result from this. Taking a holistic approach, the focus is on the mental, emotional, physical & energetic wellbeing and it allows a deeper sense of self awareness. This leads to the client tapping into their own inner wisdom which creates space for change.
Their approach and techniques used are tailored to the client’s specific needs and some examples may include:
- Emotional Freedom Technique – A mind & body treatment that involves tapping on energy meridian points, whilst focussing on the presenting issue.
- Hypnotherapy – Entering a relaxed state and reframing any limiting thoughts and beliefs within the subconscious
- Parts Work – A therapeutic approach to address differences or conflicts between different parts of oneself in order to aid healing
- Mindfulness – Meditation technique to connect with the present moment, promotes relaxation and increases self-awareness.
- Visualisation – Guided meditation which allows mental imagery to focus the mind in an expansive and creative way. This can be used to heal, to relax, and to enhance our inner power.
Before the session:
Before you begin your Holistic Counselling journey, our therapist offers a free initial 20 minute initial consultation. During this call you will have a chance to connect and see if you are a good fit for one another. It is imperative that you feel comfortable and at ease during your healing journey.
How does Holistic Counselling work?
Each session is tailored to your specific needs and can vary, however a typical session will look like:
- It will start with traditional taking therapy, where the client can present what they would like to address in the session. The therapist may also review any actions and discussions from a previous week’s session
- Together both the client and therapist explore what thoughts, emotions, any physical reactions does the presenting issue bring up
- The latter part of the session, the therapist may perform a holistic healing modality that will help address the presenting issue
Each session is safe space for the client to explore, gain a greater understanding of their inner world and connect with their own inner wisdom.
How can Holistic Counselling help me?
Holistic counselling can help in many ways. It can:
- Be a safe and non-judgemental space to be heard
- Have a better relationship with oneself and others
- Help with Stress & Anxiety management
- Overcome confidence and self esteem blocks
- Overcoming limiting beliefs & phobias
- Overcoming loss and grief
- Process any stuck emotions
- Energetic balance within
- Spiritual journey support