yoga beginners course
Begins: Oct 27th, 2021
Wednesdays: 7:30pm to 8:15pm
Integrity Centre or Online via Zoom
We will send you the link via email.
£90 in studio
The best way to start your yoga journey.
About Yoga Beginners Course
When you are new to Yoga, jumping right into group classes can be a bit intimidating. That’s why we have our Yoga Beginners Course – to take the stress out of being in an unfamiliar place.
Our 6 Week Yoga Beginners Course is the perfect place for complete beginners or for those who practice occasionally.
At the end of the 6 weeks, you will have gained a deeper understanding of Yoga, the relaxing benefits, and the confidence to join a group class!
Is this the right course for me?
This course is for you if you’re a total beginner to Yoga and would like to learn from scratch in a supportive environment with others who are also new to the practice!
This course is also for you if you’ve been practicing Yoga but would like to return to the fundamentals of Yoga under the watch of an experienced teacher.
In this course, you will learn the basics of yoga.
– Postures (asanas); standing poses, sun salutations, backbends, twists, headstands.
– Sun salutations (Surya Namaskar)
– Importance of alignment in poses
– Breathing (pranayama)
– Meditation basics
Each week we will focus on different asanas and build on the knowledge of previous classes. During our course, you will receive personal attention from Alina Bialek, Senior Yoga Teacher, and work at a slow pace that means you’ll learn the basics thoroughly, step by step.
What are the benefits of Yoga?
Yoga has been hailed for its many health benefits and can become a powerful force in your life.
- Increased mental focus
- Boosted confidence before joining a group class
- Decreased self-consciousness
- Reduced anxiety
- Increased flexibility
- Increased muscle tone and strength
- Improved athletic performance
- Improved mood
What do I need?
If you’re attending in the studio, all equipment is provided.
If you’re attending online, you will need:
1. Yoga mat or towel
2. 2 blocks and a strap (optional)
3. Knee pads or cushions (if you have knee problems, this is essential)
4. Zoom (optional) – you can download Zoom beforehand by clicking here.
When and Where?
– Wednesday evenings from 7:30pm to 8:15pm
You can participate by signing up to join in the studio or join virtually through Zoom.